How AI benefits your business
The availability of data, computational power and sophisticated tools makes it possible to use artificial intelligence technologies to boost business in a variety of ways.
Customers and end users have come to expect intelligent applications and user interfaces that support their work in complex decision making.
Examples of use cases
- Robots and humans working together
- Smart collaborative robots
- Networked sensors enable that devices can be monitored, analyzed and modeled for improved performance and service
- Digital Twins, physics-based virtual models of machinery
Automated Quality Control
- Data and model based approaches to triage defects and to identify root causes of failure
- Connecting consumer apps and IoT with industrial IoT
- Real-time supply chain optimization and monitoring
Connecting artificial Intelligence technologies with industry needs
Today digitalization has created an explosion of data. The key issue for increasing productivity and improving customer retention is how you harness the data to increase your company value and create competitive advantage. This is where applying of different artificial intelligence (AI) technologies plays a key role. AI could be described as a collection of technologies facilitating smart operation of machines and systems, where conclusion and actions are fitting the prevailing situation and it is constantly learning from data or experience.
AI is not a single technology or a solution to a specific problem. It is a collection of technologies and methods; for example machine learning, vision and speech, robotics, planning and optimisation, expert systems, fuzzy logic, neural networks, natural language processing, that can be applied to different uses.
Real-time supply chain optimization and monitoring
VTT – your partner in applying AI
Technology skills alone are not enough. To apply AI, so that it provides actual business benefits, requires a combination of different skills: AI expertise, expertise on different levels of IT stack (sensors, connectivity, data management), business domain and end user understanding:
- We have AI experts who know the relevant technologies and IT experts who know how to design and implement new solutions.
- We have an in-depth understanding of different business domains, so we can work out the best solution to each individual business case.
- With relevant end-user understanding and practical experience gained from past projects, we can guarantee our AI solutions have a positive impact on your business and world beyond.
Core application areas