VTT's sustainability priorities
Content of research and solutions promoting sustainability are at the centre of sustainability at VTT. We also want that our own sustainability work and actions are systematic and ambitious. The focus areas of our sustainability work include a sustainable foundation, thriving professionals, empowered customers and a resilient society. These priorities have been selected based on stakeholder surveys and materiality analyses, and they form the basis for our sustainability programme.
Our impeccable ethical principles – impartiality, reliability, integrity and responsibility – form a solid basis for our research and business.
- Our goal is to be carbon negative by 2030.
- In all our operations, we aim to diminish negative environmental impacts.
The Code of Conduct brings together the key guidelines on procedures that we follow at VTT. Our partners must in turn commit to VTT's Supplier Code of Conduct. Responsibility of supply chains is one of the greatest challenges of VTT's sustainability, and we are tackling it with the help of various tools and monitoring.
We treasure the wellbeing, diversity and fair treatment of our brilliant minds.
- We are a diverse work community that promotes wellbeing and inclusion.
- Our wellbeing principles are leadership, health and safety. We monitor the development and results of these topics systematically, for example, with a personnel survey.
Respect, together, passion, forerunner – everyone committed to VTT's values is welcome just the way they are. We have launched an internal diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) network and are committed to promoting gender equality. Joy, curiosity and courage are the cornerstones of our target culture.
We help our customers to unleash superior performance and productivity that lead to sustainable growth.
- Every year, we carry out a customer impact survey to measure our customers’ views on VTT's responsibility.
- We will calculate the carbon handprint of part of the projects ending in the coming years.
We select customers and partners in a sustainable manner by verifying their background and goals carefully. The impact of our work is created when customers adopt the solutions we have developed together.
We have identified five SDGs that VTT can influence the most. We are also committed to the UN’s Global Compact corporate sustainability initiative, and our experts are active in various networks.