On 12 April 2022, the annual general meeting of VTT appointed Kaarina Muurinen, CFO at Vaisala, as a new member of VTT Board.
Pekka Tiitinen, Managing Director at ABB Finland, will continue as the Chair of the Board.
Besides Pekka Tiitinen, continuing as VTT Board members are Vice President, Biobased solutions, Heli Antila (Fortum Power and Heat Oy), Rector Jukka Kola (University of Turku), Managing Partner Teemu Moisala (Vuono Group), Managing Director Erno Muuranto (GE Healthcare Finland) and Director General Marja-Riitta Pihlman (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment), who will act as Vice-Chair of the Board.
Harri Leiviskä’s term of service in the VTT Board has come to completion after 7 years. Our warmest thanks to Harri for his contribution and efforts.
The annual general meeting of VTT appoints the Board of VTT. The tasks of the Board include confirming the company's strategy, overseeing the implementation of the strategy and being responsible for the profitability and proper organisation of operations at VTT. VTT is a Finnish, wholly state-owned limited liability company operating under the ownership steering of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. VTT’s task as an independent and impartial research organization is to promote the wide-ranging utilisation and commercialisation of research and technology in industry, commerce, and society.
Composition of VTT Board as of 12 April 2022
- Pekka Tiitinen, Managing Director, ABB Finland Oy (Chair)
- Marja-Riitta Pihlman, Director General, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (Vice-Chair)
- Heli Antila, Vice president, Biobased solutions, Fortum Power and Heat Oy
- Jukka Kola, Rector, University of Turku
- Teemu Moisala, Managing Partner, Vuono Group Oy
- Erno Muuranto, Managing Director, GE Healthcare Finland Oy
- Kaarina Muurinen, CFO, Vaisala Oyj
Antti Vasara, President & CEO