Scaling up process and product innovations to bridge the circularity gap - VTT Bioruukki Pilot Centre
Environmental disadvantages of plastics are nowadays well known. The chilling forecast is that we will double the plastic utilisation during the next 15 years. The increase is mostly seen in plastic packaging that reach the end-of-life fast. The list of challenges could go on but let’s jump into solutions.
The key is to take action: implement technologies that enable industrial scale RECYCLING as well as REPLACEMENT of non-sustainable materials with more sustainable ones. In this event you are able to visit VTT facilities, see technology we have invented and touch new materials that we are creating in the true spirit of circularity.
We are delighted to invite you to visit the VTT Bioruukki Pilot Centre at the WCEF 2019 Side Event in Espoo. Please register by the 25th of May.
VTT Bioruukki Pilot Centre is an open access innovation hub that offers a unique test bed and piloting environment to develop commercially viable but also visionary technological solutions that respond to the biggest challenges of circular economy.
- Exhibition of biomass-derived material and product prototypes with which to replace fossil-based applications
- Guided tour to the thermochemistry process facility and demonstrations of thermochemical solutions for plastics recycling
- Guided tour to biomass process facility and its spinning pilot as well as demonstration of a chemical textile recycling process
- A shuttle bus to Bioruukki will leave at 12.00 noon from Helsinki center, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki (in front of Kiasma museum of modern art). See map here.
- A shuttle bus from Bioruukki back to Helsinki center, Mannerheiminaukio 2 will leave at 15.00 pm. Estimated arrival time at the Helsinki center is 15.30 pm.
Refreshments will be served through the duration of the event.
This side event is free of charge and open to all WCEF participants. However, we can only host a limited number of participants. Please register early to guarantee your seat.