Our society depends more and more on cyber-physical systems. In the near future, integrated use of Internet-of-Things, cloud services, 5G technologies, and novel Artificial Intelligence techniques enable massive and timely use of data in various new services. This trend increases demands for evidence-driven built-in systematic cybersecurity approaches for software architectures. Early evidence of cyber risks, attacks and vulnerabilities enables efficient and effective security solutions.
Security measurement of software architectures is needed to produce sufficient evidence of security level as early as in the design phase. Design-time security measuring should support "security by design" approach. Moreover, software architectures have to support runtime security measurement to obtain up-to-date security information from an online software system, service or product. Security metrics and measurements are exploited in situational awareness monitoring and self-adaptive security solutions. The area of security metrics and security assurance metrics research is evolving, but still lacks widely accepted metrics definitions and applicable measuring techniques. Strong collaboration between security experts, software architects, and system developers is needed.
The workshop will provide a forum for dissemination, demonstration and discussion of original scientific and experimental results of security measurement topics.
MeSSa 2018 solicits contributions on the following topics (but not limited to):
- Security, trust and privacy metrics
- Measurement systems and associated data gathering
- Metrics for adaptive security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Measurability-increasing mechanisms for software architectures
- Security trade-off analysis
- Situational awareness and threat intelligence
- Internet of Things security
- Cloud security
- Software Defined Networks
- Evolutionary techniques
- Forensics and data analytics
- Visualization approaches for security measurements
- Empirical case studies and experimental results from security measurements
- Submission deadline: June 25, 2018.
- Notification to authors: July 10, 2018.
- Camera-ready papers: July 19, 2018.