VTT Leadership team
President & CEO
- VTT’s President and CEO since 2015
- President of the Executive Board of EARTO (European Association of Research and Technology Organisations)
- Member of the Board and the People and Compensation Committee of Elisa
- Member of the Research and Innovation Council
- Member of the Board of Jane and Aatos Erkko Foundation
- Previous positions: Tieto Oyj, Executive Vice President, Product Development Services 2012-2015. Nokia Oyj, Senior Vice President 2003-2012. SmartTrust Oy, CEO 2000-2003. McKinsey & Company, Senior Engagement Manager 1993-2000.
Executive Vice President, Sustainable products and materials
- EVP of VTT’s Knowledge-intensive products and services business area since 2018
- Vice Chair of the Board of CSC – IT Center for Science
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions 1997-2001 and since 2004. Cybelius SW, Director 2001-2004.
Executive Vice President, Digital technologies
- EVP of VTT’s Smart Industry and Energy Systems business area since 2016
- Chair of the Board of VTT SenseWay Oy
- Member of the Innovation and competitiveness group of Technology Industries of Finland
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Gaia-X
- Member of the Board of The Finnish Climate Fund
- Adjunct professor, Stony Brook University, USA
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions since 2000. TUT 1998-1999. RWTH Aachen, Germany 1997-1998. TUT 1992-1997.
Executive Vice President, Carbon neutral solutions
- EVP of VTT’s Solutions for natural resources and environment business area since 2016
- Member of the Board of Clic Innovation Oy
- Member of the Board of Global Compact Network Finland
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions since 1999. Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Program Director 2014-2016.
Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations
- VTT’s EVP, Commercial Operations since 2018
- Member of the Board of DIMECC Oy
- Member of the Board of Enter Espoo Oy
- Member of the Board of Premix Oy
- Previous positions: VTT, Vice President, Sales, Business Development & Marketing 2017-2018. Outokumpu Oyj, Vice President, Global Marketing 2015–2017 and 2008-2013. Paroc Oy, Chief Marketing Officer 2014. TeliaSonera Oyj, Senior Manager 2006–2008. Vectia Oy, Management Consultant 2000–2006
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- VTT’s SVP, Human Resources since 2016
- Member of the Board of Traffic Management Finland Group and Chair of the personnel committee
- Previous positions: Outotec Oyj, SVP, Human Resources 2013-2016. Cargotec Oyj, EVP, Human Resources and Communications 2006-2012. GlaxoSmithKline Oy, Human Resources Director / Finland 2001-2006. Datex-Ohmeda Oy, Director, Global Education 1998-2001.
Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Intelligence
- VTT’s Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Intelligence
- Previous positions: Technology Industries of Finland, Executive Director 2015-2021. Finnish Foundation for Technology Promotion, Managing Director (part-time) 2017-2019. Technology Industries of Finland Centennial Foundation, Managing Director 2014-2019. Spinverse, Consultant 2004-2014. Aalto University, various positions 1996-2004.
Senior Scientist, personnel representative
- Employee representative
- Member of the Board and the Council of Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland TEK
- Various positions at VTT since 1986.
VTT's business areas
Carbon neutral solutions
We develop systemic and technological solutions to de-carbonise the economy and society. Our focus is on energy systems, built environment, mobility and transport and hydrogen.
Sustainable products and materials
We create sustainable processes, technologies, materials and products for a sustainable future. Our focus is on industrial biotechnology, food solutions, industrial chemistry, biomaterial processing and products, knowledge-driven design and cognitive production industry.
We focus on digital breakthrough technologies to enable a safe and connected society. Our special expertise includes microelectronics, quantum technology, sensing solutions, foresight and data economy. Besides, Finland’s national metrology institute and national standards laboratory MIKES is part of VTT.