Executive leadership team
VTT is part of Finland's innovation system and operates under the mandate of the Ministry of Employment and the Economy. Our executive leadership team consists of the business and service areas leaders. The tasks of VTT Board include confirming the company's strategy, overseeing the implementation of the strategy and being responsible for the profitability and proper organisation of operations at VTT. The annual general meeting of VTT reviews the composition of and appoints the Board.
President & CEO
- VTT’s President and CEO since 2015
- President of the Executive Board of EARTO (European Association of Research and Technology Organisations)
- Member of the Board and the People and Compensation Committee of Elisa
- Member of the Research and Innovation Council
- Member of the Board of Jane and Aatos Erkko Foundation
- Previous positions: Tieto Oyj, Executive Vice President, Product Development Services 2012-2015. Nokia Oyj, Senior Vice President 2003-2012. SmartTrust Oy, CEO 2000-2003. McKinsey & Company, Senior Engagement Manager 1993-2000.
Executive Vice President, Sustainable products and materials
- EVP of VTT’s Knowledge-intensive products and services business area since 2018
- Vice Chair of the Board of CSC – IT Center for Science
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions 1997-2001 and since 2004. Cybelius SW, Director 2001-2004.
Executive Vice President, Digital technologies
- EVP of VTT’s Smart Industry and Energy Systems business area since 2016
- Chair of the Board of VTT SenseWay Oy
- Member of the Innovation and competitiveness group of Technology Industries of Finland
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Gaia-X
- Member of the Board of The Finnish Climate Fund
- Adjunct professor, Stony Brook University, USA
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions since 2000. TUT 1998-1999. RWTH Aachen, Germany 1997-1998. TUT 1992-1997.
Executive Vice President, Carbon neutral solutions
- EVP of VTT’s Solutions for natural resources and environment business area since 2016
- Member of the Board of Clic Innovation Oy
- Member of the Board of Global Compact Network Finland
- Previous positions: VTT, various positions since 1999. Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Program Director 2014-2016.
Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations
- VTT’s EVP (acting), Commercial Operations 2022
- Previous positions: VTT, VP, Sales and Customer Partnerships 2019–2022. GSK, various positions 2005–2019.
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- VTT’s SVP, Human Resources since 2016
- Member of the Board of Traffic Management Finland Group and Chair of the personnel committee
- Previous positions: Outotec Oyj, SVP, Human Resources 2013-2016. Cargotec Oyj, EVP, Human Resources and Communications 2006-2012. GlaxoSmithKline Oy, Human Resources Director / Finland 2001-2006. Datex-Ohmeda Oy, Director, Global Education 1998-2001.
Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Intelligence
- VTT’s Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Intelligence
- Previous positions: Technology Industries of Finland, Executive Director 2015-2021. Finnish Foundation for Technology Promotion, Managing Director (part-time) 2017-2019. Technology Industries of Finland Centennial Foundation, Managing Director 2014-2019. Spinverse, Consultant 2004-2014. Aalto University, various positions 1996-2004.
Senior Scientist, personnel representative
- Employee representative
- Member of the Board and the Council of Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland TEK
- Various positions at VTT since 1986.