On 30 March 2020, the annual general meeting of VTT appointed two new members to the Board of VTT. The Chair of the Board will be Pekka Tiitinen, Country Managing Director at ABB Finland, who acted as a Board member last year.
Starting as new members of VTT Board are CEO Teemu Moisala (Futurice Group) and Rector Jukka Kola (University of Turku).
Besides Pekka Tiitinen, continuing as VTT Board members are Chief Technology Officer, Biobased Solutions, Heli Antila (Fortum Corporation), CFO Harri Leiviskä (Dayton Group Oy), CEO Matti Hietanen (Finnish Minerals Group) and Director General Marja-Riitta Pihlman (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment), who will act as Vice-Chair of the Board.
Leaving the VTT Board are President Mari Walls (Tampere University) and SVP, Business Development Kaija Pehu-Lehtonen (Metsä Fibre).
The annual general meeting of VTT appoints the Board of VTT. The tasks of the Board include confirming the company's strategy, overseeing the implementation of the strategy and being responsible for the profitability and proper organisation of operations at VTT. VTT is a Finnish, wholly state-owned limited liability company operating under the ownership steering of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. VTT’s task as an independent and impartial research centre is to promote the wide-ranging utilisation and commercialisation of research and technology in industry, commerce, and society.
Composition of VTT Board as of 30 March 2020
- Pekka Tiitinen, Country Managing Director, ABB Finland (Chair)
- Marja-Riitta Pihlman, Director General, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (Vice-Chair)
- Heli Antila, Chief Technology Officer, Biobased Solutions, Fortum Corporation
- Matti Hietanen, CEO, Finnish Minerals Group
- Jukka Kola, Rector, University of Turku
- Harri Leiviskä, CFO, Dayton Group Oy
- Teemu Moisala, CEO (Futurice Group)