So, you got your PhD, congratulations! But just the paper doesn’t pay the bills, so what now? Welcome to the latest From Lab to Market event to hear about alternative career paths for researchers! In this session, you’ll learn about your competitive advantage, hear stories from different experts and get to know career opportunities in and outside academia.
We’ll be joined by different organisations, who will showcase opportunities for individuals with research experience and background, so make sure to wear your best networking shirt!
Career opportunities & organizations:
1) Post docs in companies, Seppo Tikkanen, PoDoCo
2) Corporate venturing & intrapreneurship, Terhi Vapola, Helen Ventures
3) Applied research & entrepreneurial opportunities for research and science-based ideas, Tiia-Maria Tenhunen, VTT Technical Research Centre
4) Entrepreneurship, Prateek Singh, FinnAdvance
5) Academia member who is commercializing, Esko Kauppinen, Aalto University
6) Industry-Academia collaboration & funding: Petro Poutanen, Impact Foundation
7) Consulting, Ulla Kruhse-Lehtonen, Dain Studios
8) Career development for PhD students, Kirsi LaPointe, Aalto Career Design Lab
9) Combining executive and academic career, Antti Koivula, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘓𝘢𝘣 𝘵𝘰 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘈𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘰 𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮, 𝘝𝘛𝘛 𝘓𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘱𝘢𝘥, 𝘈𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱 𝘊𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘰 𝘐𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺