Circular design for electronics
On-demand webinar available now.
How to design sustainable and circular electronics to fit the new EU requirements? What is required to build a techno-economically feasible route for sustainable recycling of the materials at the end of their lifetime? How to ensure lean manufacturing with minimum waste and emissions?
On this page:
Register to watch the webinar
About the webinar
The European and global environmental agendas drive the electronics industry to rethink its environmental impact. The target is to design products that are more durable, repairable and recyclable, and even based on renewable raw materials.
In this webinar you will learn about the new developments of the EU Ecodesign Directive, circular design, resource efficient manufacturing, electronics e-cycling, and bio-based materials for electronics.
What: Webinar for the electronics industry and their supply chain
Why: Boost the adoption of key sustainability approaches
Who: Key speakers include Sirpa Pietikäinen, Member of European Parliament, Manager, Sustainability and Products Janne Jääskä, Tactotek Oy, Group Manager Jukka Alve, Electrotechnical standardization in Finland, Project Manager Liisa Hakola, Research Team Leader Maria Smolander and Co-creation manager Inka Orko, VTT
- Opening and welcome words - Maria Smolander Research team leader, VTT and Kari Rönkä, Vice President, Sensing solutions, VTT
- How to lead with Ecodesign Directive - Sirpa Pietikäinen, MEP, European Parliament
- Environmentally friendly electronics for circular economy - Liisa Hakola, Senior researcher, Project manager, VTT
- Environmental Performance and Material Loops for the Future of Electronics - Janne Jääskä, Manager, Sustainability and Products, Tactotek
- Standardization for Circular economy - Jukka Alve, Group Manager, SESKO – Electrotechnical standardization in Finland
- Circular design RDI roadmaps - Inka Orko, Co-creation manager, VTT
- Q&A and concluding remarks