On 31 March 2021, the annual general meeting of VTT appointed M.Sc., Medical Physics, Electronics Erno Muuranto, Managing Director at GE Healthcare Finland, as a new member of VTT Board.
Pekka Tiitinen, Managing Director at ABB Finland, will continue as the Chair of the Board.
Besides Pekka Tiitinen, continuing as VTT Board members are Vice president, Biobased solutions, Heli Antila (Fortum Power and Heat Oy), Rector Jukka Kola (University of Turku), CFO Harri Leiviskä (Dayton Group Oy), CEO Teemu Moisala (Futurice Group) and Director General Marja-Riitta Pihlman (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment), who will act as Vice-Chair of the Board.
CEO of Finnish Minerals Group Matti Hietanen's term of service in the VTT Board came full, and he ended his work of many years in the VTT Board. Our warmest thanks to Matti for his contribution and efforts!
The annual general meeting of VTT appoints the Board of VTT. The tasks of the Board include confirming the company's strategy, overseeing the implementation of the strategy and being responsible for the profitability and proper organisation of operations at VTT. VTT is a Finnish, wholly state-owned limited liability company operating under the ownership steering of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. VTT’s task as an independent and impartial research organization is to promote the wide-ranging utilisation and commercialisation of research and technology in industry, commerce, and society.
Composition of VTT Board as of 30 March 2021
• Pekka Tiitinen, Managing Director, ABB Finland (Chair)
• Marja-Riitta Pihlman, Director General, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (Vice-Chair)
• Heli Antila, Vice president, Biobased solutions, Fortum Power and Heat Oy
• Jukka Kola, Rector, University of Turku
• Harri Leiviskä, CFO, Dayton Group Oy
• Teemu Moisala, CEO, Futurice Group
• Erno Muuranto, Managing Director, GE Healthcare Finland
Antti Vasara, President & CEO