Digital spare parts is a concept where the spare parts and related data are transferred and stored digitally. The spare parts are manufactured by 3D printing on demand geographically close to the end user.
New business from digital spare parts (DIVALIITO) project organises an open webinar for industry and other stakeholders interested in the topic. The webinar will give insights into project actions and results and eventually, it will close the project, which started in June 2018. The project was managed and implemented by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and Aalto University, and it was funded by Business Finland and steered by several Finnish companies.
- Language of the event: English
- Deadline for registration is 9.9.2020
- Participants will be sent a Teams link on 10.9.2020.
- 10:00–10:05 Welcoming words (Sini Metsä-Kortelainen, VTT)
- 10:05–10:20 Automatic identification of 3D printable spare parts (Joni Reijonen, VTT)
- 10:20–10:35 AMDSP tool for cost estimation of AM parts (Niklas Kretzschmar, Aalto University)
- 10:35–10:50 Materials and quality of digital spare parts (Tuomas Riipinen, VTT)
- 10:50–11:00 Questions and discussion (Mika Salmi, Aalto University)
- 11:00–11:15 Accelerated weathering of 3D printed plastics (Tuomas Puttonen, Aalto University)
- 11:15–11:30 Smart spare parts, literature review and demonstrations (Antti Vaajoki, VTT)
- 11:30–11:45 Additive manufacturing of self-sensing spare parts (Jan Akmal, Aalto University)
- 11:45–12:00 Questions and discussion / end of the event