VTT is present at Photonics West Exhibition in Photonics Finland Pavilion #4365
Every year over 20,000 attendees come to SPIE Photonics West to attend the world's largest photonics technologies event covering biophotonics for brain research and healthcare, lasers for research and advanced manufacturing, sensors and camera systems, imaging and displays, communications and optoelectronics, plus the core optical components that enable many of today's consumer products. And we will be there too!
During the SPIE Photonics West we will be showcasing our latest advancements in hyperspectral imaging, panoramic thermal imaging and silicon photonics.
Demos we're showcasing:
- Single-piece 360 degree panoramic lens operating at thermal infrared wavelength regime to be used in thermal imaging of buildings in street view mode as well as in various safety and defense applications.
- Hand-held MEMS hyperspectral imager for low-cost mobile hyperspectral application development in VNIR range. Solution utilizes mass producible MEMS Fabry-Perot tunable optical filter technology to enable volume scalability for future sensing applications.
- World's first hyperspectral iPhone camera demonstrates that mass producible hyperspectral optical filtering technology is now also compatible with low-cost mobile phone optics and camera modules. Enabler for future consumer applications, like sensing and observation from vehicles and drones, health monitoring and food analysis.
- Transceivers based on VCSELs, multi-core fibers and low-loss silicon photonics for optical interconnects at 850 nm and 1.3 µm wavelengths.
Come and see our latest product demonstrators in action, and discuss how we could help your business to take advantage of our groundbreaking technologies!
Read more and register here »
VTT's papers and invited talks:
Wide-band large-aperture Ag surface-micro-machined MEMS Fabry-Perot interferometers (AgMFPIs) for miniaturized hyperspectral imaging
- Anna Rissanen, Bin Guo, Heikki Saari, Tahvo Havia, Ingmar Stuns, Harri Ojanen
- 31 January 2018 @ 11:40 AM - 12:00 PM | Part of SPIE OPTO
Hand-held MEMS hyperspectral imager for VNIR mobile applications
- Anna Rissanen, Antti Näsilä, Roberts Trops, Harri Ojanen, Ingmar Stuns, Tahvo Havia, Heikki Saari
- 31 January 2018 @ 10:20 - 10:50 AM | Part of SPIE OPTO
Optical interconnects based on VCSELs and low-loss silicon photonics
- Timo Aalto, Mikko Harjanne, Mikko Karppinen, Matteo Cherchi, Antonio Malacarne, Christian Neumeyr
- 31 January 2018 @ 2:10 - 2:40 PM | Part of SPIE OPTO
A low-latency optical switch architecture using integrated μm SOI-based contention resolution and switching
- George Mourgias-Alexandris, Miltiadis Moralis-Pegios, Nikos Terzenidis, Matteo Cherchi, Mikko Harjanne, Timo Aalto, Konstantinos Vyrsokinos, Nikosj Pleros
- 29 January 2018 @ 2:30 - 2:50 PM | Part of SPIE OPTO
Multichannel VCSEL-based optical transceiver employing multicore fibers at 6x25 Gbps/fiber
- Mikko Karppinen, Antti Tanskanen, Jyrki Ollila, Johan Gustavsson, Anders Larsson, Minsu Ko, Dietmar Kissinger, Lars Grüner-Nielsen, Christian Larsen, Rashid Safaisini, Anaëlle Maho, Michel Sotom, Leontios Stampoulidis
- 29 January 2018 @ 4:30 - 4:50 PM | Part of SPIE OPTO