The Designing Cellulose for the Future III is the third design and materials research oriented seminar exploring the future applications of cellulose – the renewable Finnish natural resource. Come and discover a diverse range of new cellulose-based materials, and new technologies.
The seminar takes place on Tuesday 9th January, please register before 20th December 2017. The seminar is free of charge, but a no show fee of 100€ will be charged in case participation isn’t cancelled in time.
The exhibition is open on both days.
• 9th January 2018 from 9 am to 6 pm
• 10th January 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm.
The exhibition is open to the public and no preregistration is required for it.
Tuesday 9th January 2018
9.30 On the Road: DWoC 2013-2018
9.40 Technology leaps for future applications of cellulose fibres
10.00 Designing with nanocellulose
- Exploring nanocellulose for lightweight structures in hiking and sports
- ‘Casted wood’ for indoor applications
- Laminated structures for interior architecture
10.45 New approaches to processing of cellulosic materials
- Foam formed acoustic elements
- Novel nonwovens by foam forming
- 3D printing of cellulosic materials
- Up-scaling of the filament spinning process
11.45-13.00 Lunch + exhibition
13.00 Design met cellulose: embedding design in biomaterials research
13.25 Functionalising cellulose for textiles and other applications
- Water stability and functional properties of cellulosic filaments
- Conductive cellulose-based material for living spaces
- Functional coatings from nanocellulose - fire protection and colour
14.15 -15.00 Coffee + exhibition
15.00 Exploring cellulose for fashion
- Customizing textiles with 3D printing
- How to wear old newspapers?
15.25 Business perspectives: what’s next
- Promotor roles
- Technology adoption
- Towards New Cellulose Community
16.00 Closing the seminar
16-18 Exhibition continues - come to meet the experts
Wednesday 10th January 2018
9-16 Exhibition continues. You are welcome to see the demos and meet the experts, no pre-registration, just pop in!