Wind power leads the global growth of renewables
By 2030 wind power will grow to a major generation technology, expected to produce around 15 % of global electricity. The vide variety of market and climate conditions creates market differentiation, new business opportunities and jobs both globally and locally in manufacturing, construction, operation and maintenance.
We believe that new products and services based on combination of expertise on wind power technology, Big Data and Internet of Things will change the business landscape also in wind power. VTT is active in many international r&d networks to make the most of it to the benefit of our clients and partners.
Combine VTT's expertise with your needs
We have more than 25 years of experience of developing technology to create new business opportunities and to bring wind power cost competitive in power generation, especially in cold climates.
- Ice-fall and ice-throw risk assessment
- Estimation of icing performance loss
- Grid code compliance
- Radar and TV interference
- Noise assessment methodology
- Site specific blade erosion analysis
Technology and innovations
- Technologies for Cold Climates
- Ice detection systems
- IEC -Standards development and IEA-activities
- Drivetrain solutions
- Technology and markets foresight