Building information modelling (BIM) is much more than three-dimensional visualization of buildings, infrastructures and cities. The use of BIM enables effective information management and effective working processes over the lifetime of building, infrastructure and city-scale projects. It also enables energy efficient and cost-effective management of individual buildings, large real estate portfolios, infrastructure assets, districts and cities.
VTT offers the following services and solutions for the modelling of the built environment, including buildings, infrastructures and smart communities:
- New technologies for decision support and collaboration through advanced modelling, visualization and gamification
- Development of new BIM-based applications, service concepts and interfaces, for example, for energy monitoring and facility management
- Integration of economic, environmental and energy aspects into building information modelling
- Vision and strategic roadmap work for BIM implementation in organizations
- Development of operational BIM-guidelines, collaborative processes and new ways of working in organizations and in projects
- Development of standardized approaches for interoperable information management and data exchange