Do you have challenging samples, which are difficult to dissolve or in which the concentrations are below the detection limit of your current analytical technique? We specialise in difficult sample matrices, tailor-made solutions and our limit of detection can be as low as ng/l. We operate in a newly built trace-level metal clean-room which enables us to carry out very low analysis of impurities.
In addition to the tailor-made solutions we offer:
- Quantitative multielemental analyses (reference the periodic table below)
- Qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis of unknown samples
- Isotopic analyses (for example 6Li/7Li, 10B/11B, 229Th/232Th, 235U/238U)
- Sample preparation in a clean-room ISO5/6 at need
- Radiochemical analyses
- Gamma spectrometric analyses
Common sample types:
- Liquids: impurities in clean water and different aqueous samples
- Solids: metals and metal alloys, sediments, minerals, biological samples and filters
Our most important tools are high resolution ICP-SF-MS and SVDV ICP-OES. ICP-SF-MS is an ideal analytical tool for difficult elements, low concentrations and for isotopic analysis and SVDV ICP-OES enables fast multielemental ppm/ppb level analysis in aqueous and organic solutions. Solid samples are dissolved using a microwave digestion unit, which enables complete dissolution of even difficult matrices due to its high temperature and pressure range. In addition to elemental analysis techniques, radiochemical analyses are supported by alpha spectrometry and liquid scintillation counting. Further information on the analytical techniques can be found in the links above.
The quality of the analyses are validated by using internal standards, quality control samples and reference materials. Additionally, we regularly participate in intercomparison exercises.
Our way of working enables us to develop client-driven analytical methods, so feel free to contact us and we can find out together how we could help you with your analytical challenges.