VTT works together with globally-acting manufacturers and the Finnish energy and process industry in the field of risk and reliability development. We create value by reducing risks imposed on people, the environment and assets.
Examples of our high-quality risk management information, expertise and tools include:
- Application and development of Risk and Reliability assessment methods
- Safety and security management
- Risk management road mapping
- System safety and dependability management (RAMS-process)
- Process and chemical safety
- Management of industrial and logistics risks
- Vulnerability and continuity assessment inc. extreme weather events
- Information security
- Accident modelling and simulation
- Fire and evacuation safety simulations (FDS and FDS+Evac)
We also work and have contacts with the following industries: the process, paper and chemical industries, mining, mineral and metal industries, energy, machinery and engineering, transport and logistics. In addition to industrial companies, we work with national safety and security authorities.
Our customers tell us that collaborating with VTT adds value in a number of ways. It brings fresh thinking to the table, offers proven technologies that can be tailored to their specific needs, and accelerates the development and implementation process.
How we work
Working with VTT is different. Instead of developing everything internally or working with companies pushing proprietary solutions, we function as an extended part of your team. With VTT, you are tapping into platform chemical sector research and development that is both deep and broad.