14.1.2015 at 9.30–16.00
Place: GTK-auditorium, address: Betonimiehenkuja 4, Espoo
Welcome to the CLASS seminar, to hear about the latest developments in
pervious pavement implementation to Finland. For the past two years, intense
research activities have been done within a Tekes project with 15 industrial
partners to create pervious pavements aimed at mitigate impacts of climate
change on urban flooding.
The following sessions areplanned for the seminar. Each session will also
include presentations by CLASS project industrial participants, highlighting the
project achievements and plans for implementation. The seminar language will
primarily be Finnish, with some overview in English.
1) Overview of CLASS project objectives and structure
2) Outcomes from
Establishing Urban Needs: drivers and concerns
3) Outcomes on Developing New
Materials and Structures
- Material development and filtration performance
- Winter performance and durability
- Construction and lifetime maintenance issues
- Life cycle cost and life cycle assessment
- Material producers’ perspectives on new products toFinnish markets
4) Outcomes of Performance Expectations
Modelling of stormwater management
Accounting for climate change
Impact to green environment
5) Preparing for Implementation and Demonstration
6) Tekes perspective on project impacts
7) Panel Discussion on Results and Implementation
Venue and registration
The Seminar will take place in the auditorium of The Finnish Geological
Address: Betonimiehenkuja 4, Espoo (Otaniemi).
Free parking is available on-site, or within 5 minutes walking from public
transport bus service to Otaniemi.
The seminar will start at 9.30 am, with a mid-day break for lunch and then
afternoon coffee. The seminar will close at 16.00.
Attendance to the seminar is free of charge, but pre-registration is
required. Space is limited to 150 people. The Finnish Guidelines for Pervious
Pavement will be distributed free to all participants, as an outcome of the