Manufacturing Performance Days 2019 gathers manufacturing industries, researchers and technology and service providers worldwide for a three-day seminar in Tampere, Finland. This event will bring together internationally recognised experts to discuss and represent industrial best practices and operational excellence, novel business concepts as well as scientific and technological breakthroughs in the field.
Come and hear the Ecosystems supporting digital Transformation of Industry –seminar that will be organized jointly by VTT and University of Tampere on Wednesday June 5th at 09:00-12:00.
VTT & Tampere University: Ecosystems supporting Digital Transformation of Industry
In the seminar, we will discuss the importance of collaboration in the development of digital technologies in manufacturing. We will also give examples of company led ecosystems and relevant European initiatives. Digital innovation hubs, data platforms, robotics and digitalization pathways will be highlighted.
Schedule (Wednesday June 5th):
09:00-10:20 Industrial renewal towards Industry 4.0
- Nokia's perspectives on Industry 4.0 (Tuuli Ahava, Nokia)
- Sandvik Innovation Center & MEX ecosystem (Timo Laitinen or Pasi Julkunen, Sandvik)
- Vision 2030 for Industrie 4.0 (Björn Sautter, Festo)
- Co-creation processes in industry (Mikael Hautala, IndustryHack)
10:40-12:00 Enhancing co-creation
- Networking of Robotics Digital Innovation Hubs (Minna Lanz, TAU)
- ICT Innovations for manufacturing SME - I4MS (Ali Muhammad, VTT)
- Reboot IoT Factory ecosystem (Marko Jurvansuu, VTT)
- International Data Space from industrial perspective (Thorsten Hülsmann)
- Connected Factories – pathways to digitalization (Chris Decubber, EFFRA)
- Questions / Panel
At VTT booth and Future Work Area these topics will be highlighted:
- Augmented Reality (AR) assisted work
- VTT ProperTune™ - How to optimise material design and replace expensive, time consuming testing and shorten time-to-market of new products by an average of 50%?
- VTT 3DMetalprint – Application services, production services and material services to support your 3D development activities
- L4MS and DIH² - Robots for factories
- Smart Otaniemi – How to re-discover energy through innovation ecosystem?
- SMACC – Digital boost for Finnish industry
- Artificial intelligence (AI) foreman for production resourcing
- Worker feedback dashboard – empowering feedback on work well-being and work achievements
For more information, see the MPD 2019 website here.