Come and meet VTT Launchpad and a dozen of its innovative teams face-to-face at Slush 2021 in Helsinki: Demo Booth 7B.5.
The teams can be also reached by booking a meeting through the Slush Matchmaking tool. The VTT LaunchPad startup incubator is committed to develop fundable spin-off companies with great impact. All the teams’ business ideas are based on VTT’s demonstrated technologies.
You can get to know the teams in advance by watching the following pitches recorded in October 2021.
Minute schedule of the VTT LaunchPad Meet & Greet event held in October 2021
RECORDING: VTT LaunchPad Meet & Greet event
- 00:00:00 Why VTT LaunchPad exists?: Lotta Partanen, Manager, Incubation and Acceleration
- 00:11:10 – 00:15:00 EniferBio and Volare – two companies that have spun off from VTT Launchpad during the past year – present their business activities in the beginning of the event. They both launching to market a totally new kind of way to improve global food economy.
- EniferBio, a VTT spin-off replacing soy in fish feed, Ville Pihlajaniemi, Chief Engineering Officer
- Volare, a VTT spin-off producing insect protein and lipids, Matti Tähtinen, CTO
- 00:20:40 Team Cooliblade: Groundbreaking cooling performance for power electronics. Vesa Pentikäinen, VTT
- 00:31:45 Team Obview: Dynamic privacy protectors for electronic displays. Teemu Ruotsalainen, VTT
- 00:38:45 Team HTM Solutions: A unique application for monitoring thermal status of individuals - and enabling disruptive services in several business segments whenever thermal satisfaction is an issue. Pekka Tuomaala, VTT
- 00:55:30 Team StealthLight: Revolutionizes light visibility with controlled range illumination (CRI) technology. Martti Vakkala, commercialization specialist and Jeremias Seppä/VTT
- 01:07:20 Team CarbonAide (previous CO2Crete); Carbon negative concrete. Tapio Vehmas, VTT
- 01:19:45 Team Warming Surfaces Company: Warmth when and where you need it. Jani-Mikael Kuusisto, Arttu Huttunen, both from VTT
- 01:32:35 Team REPLICA Multiprocessor: Enabling ten times improvement in parallel processing performance compared to current multicore processors. Timo Valtonen, commercialization specialist and Martti Forsell/VTT
- 01:51:10 Team HealthClean: Portable and affordable hydrogen peroxide vapor generators for contactless disinfection. Peter Nisula, commercialization specialist
- 02:06:45 Team Granarium: 100% renewable electricity storage based on high consistency nanocellulose. Paula Viinamäki, commercialization specialist and Otto-Ville Kaukoniemi/VTT
- 02:18:10 Team Hypermine: Laser-based hyperspectral imaging for underground mines. Mikhail Mekhrengin, VTT
- 02:28:45 Eggplant: Egg white without chickens. Jussi Joensuu, VTT