Sensing Solutions – future visions from well-being to space
Due to the current pandemic situation we have decided to postpone our Sense´21 event to spring 2022.
Please, mark your calendar busy on new dates April 5-6, 2022, for VTT’s Sense´21 seminar, focusing on sensing solutions and applications.
It is important to us to ensure that we can organize a successful and safe event and offer the possibility for as many of you as possible to participate. Our ambition is also to keep the program unaltered. However, as the new dates may not be suitable for all the presenters, light tuning to the program may happen.
Sense’21 gathers sensing industry leaders for a two-day seminar in Vantaa, Finland to discuss innovations and future visions on sensing solutions and applications. In addition to gaining new knowledge and insights, Sense'21 seminar is a great place for face-to-face networking after a year filled with online events.
Topics for the workshop:
- Medical, health and well-being sensors
- Optical instruments for industry
- Sensing of air quality
- Advanced microelectronics for sensing
- Remote sensing and situational awareness with space technologies
Besides top guest speakers, Sense´21 features VTT demonstrators showcasing a wide variety of new sensor use cases. The start-up session presents the latest VTT spin-offs and start-up companies related to sensing technologies, as well as a panel discussion with start-up entrepreneurs and investors on the growth journey to success.
Utilize the early-bird price and reserve your ticket now!
Preliminary Agenda, Day 1
Session 1: Future visions from well-being to space
Chairman: Jyrki Kiihamäki
- 9:00 Welcome and opening of the seminar, Erja Turunen, EVP, VTT
- 9.10 Keynote 1, Erno Muuranto, CEO, GE Healthcare Finland
- 9.30 TBC
- 9.50 Demo pitches, VTT
10.30 - 11.00 BREAK
Session 2: Air Quality
Chairman: Tapio Pernu
- 11.00 High-end optical gas sensing applications, Tuomas Hieta, Dr, Gasera
- 11.20 Electrical particle sensing for robust, online air quality and emission monitoring, Erkka Saukko, Senior R&D engineer, Pegasor
- 11.40 Vaisala Air Quality sensing solution with special focus on Particulate Matter, Jaakko Yli-Ojanperä, Technology Manager, Vaisala
- 12.00 Satellite remote sensing of emissions to mitigate climate change, Johanna Tamminen, Professor, Finnish Meteorological Institute
12.20 - 13.30 LUNCH - DEMOS & MATCHMAKING
Session 3: Optoelectronic measurements
Chairman: Jussi Paakkari
- 13.30 Latest advances in measurement and control technology in mining industry, Jani Kaartinen, Metso-Outotec
- 13.50 Applying machine vision algorithms in quality monitoring of high temperature processes, Saku Kaukonen, CEO, Sapotech
- 14.10 Hyperspectral imaging applications, Jussi Rautiainen, CTO, Senop
- 14.30 Autonomous instruments as a part of holistic process line optimization, Janne Paaso, Principal Scientist, VTT
14.50 - 15.20 BREAK
Session 4: High performance microsystems and sensing
Chair: Mika Prunnila
- 15.20 TBC
- 15.40 Visible-to-short-wave-infrared image sensors and cameras, Tapani Ryhänen, CEO, Emberion
- 16.00 Sensing elements for magnetic Barkhausen noise method and advancements in X-ray diffraction detection, Mikko Palosaari, Stresstech
- 16.20 Single-frequency lasers for quantum technology and spectroscopy, Jussi-Pekka Penttinen, Vexlum
- 16.40 Superconducting quantum computer technology at IQM, Juha Hassel, IQM
19.00 - 21.00 EVENING RECEPTION
Preliminary Agenda, Day 2
Session 5: Space
Chairman: Marko Höyhtyä
- 9.00 Situational awareness in an automating world, Juha-Matti Liukkonen, Director of Space and New Technologies, Reaktor
- 9.20 Real-time monitoring enabled by SAR satellite constellatin, Tero Vauraste, Senior Advisor, Iceye
- 9.40 Utilising space data for environmental monitoring, Joni Norppa, CEO, Terramonitor
- 10.00 Simulation as a tool to design and analyse satellite systems, Jani Puttonen, Director of Simulation Services, Magister
10.20 - 10.40 BREAK
Session 6: Start-up pitches & panel
Chairman: Jukka Jaatinen
11.40 - 12.40 LUNCH - DEMOS & MATCHMAKING
12.40 Panel discussion
13.30 - 13.50 BREAK
Session 7: Medical, health and wellbeing sensors
Chairman: Jani Mäntyjärvi
- Keynote 2, Markku Hirvonen, Rockley Photonics
- Robust specialized eye-tracking solutions, Roman Bednarik, Researcher, SeeTrue Technologies
- Novel applications enabled with a sensitive Real Time 3D-sensing technology, Jorma Palmen, CTO, LaDiMo
- Closing, Tauno Vähä-Heikkilä, VP, VTT
Time: 5 - 6 April 2022
Please choose the correct alternative from below. All fees include admission to seminar, refreshments on breaks, lunches, seminar materials and evening networking banquet.
- Early bird rate 270 € + VAT 24% is valid until 31 December 2021
- Registration fee after 31 December 2021 is 350 € + VAT 24%
Invited speaker: free of charge
Demonstrator: free of charge (Note: you will receive a separate registration link)
Registrations for October 2021 will be valid on April 2022. However, if you wish to cancel your attendance, you can do this by contacting email@example.com.
Administration fee 70 € + VAT 24% will be charged of cancellations until 4 March 2022. After 4 March 2022, no refund will be made from the fees.
Payment is done by credit card or with an invoice. No cash is accepted.
Each participant will receive a name badge which should be worn at all times during the seminar. Attendees without a name badge will not be permitted entry.
To make your visit in Vantaa more enjoyable, we have reserved a limited hotel accommodation quota for you, conveniently at the event venue at Clarion Hotel Aviapolis.
Reservations from this allocation are to be made latest on Friday, 4 March 2022.
- Single room: 110 € / room / day
- Double room: 130 € / room / day
The prices include breakfast, taxes, Wi-Fi and free use of sauna and gym.
HOW TO RESERVE A ROOM FROM THE ALLOCATION?
When making a reservation from this allocation, kindly contact the hotel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via tel. +358 10 850 3810. The sales office is open from Monday to Friday at 09.00 - 16.00.
Please mention the allocation name "VTT" when making the reservation. Other details required for making a reservation are:
- Full Guest Name(s)
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date
- Valid Credit Card details (card number and expiry date) for guarantee
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
Each guest reserves and pays for own accommodation and the room account is to be settled directly at the hotel prior to departure.
Cancellation Policy for Reservations made from the allocation
Each individual reservation can be cancelled free of charge latest 16.00 / 4PM local hotel time on the day of arrival. Late cancellations or no-show reservations will be charged to the credit card guaranteeing each reservation.
Welcome to join our evening network banquet at the seminar venue on the 5 April! Share your thoughts of the day and continue networking with other seminar participants while enjoying the light buffet. The evening network banquet is included in the seminar admission fee.
Each participant will receive a name badge which should be worn at all times during the seminar. The name badge will also be your entry ticket to the evening banquet.
VTT is following official guidance regarding organizing live events. In case the COVID-19 pandemic will require maintaining safe distances, a maximum of 100 persons will be permitted to the event following the order of registrations. If the pandemic situation causes more stringent restrictions, we will postpone the event.
If the conference is cancelled due to official regulations, registration fee will be refunded. If attendee must cancel his/her trip due to regulations of country of departure, personal attendance can be cancelled until 4 March 2022, and registration fee will be refunded except the administration fee of 70 EUR.
Updated information about travelling to European Union: https://reopen.europa.eu/
Updates about Finnish government regulations: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/travel-and-the-coronavirus-pandemic