Mark your calendar as busy on October 5-6 as it's time for VTT’s Sense´21 seminar, which focuses on sensing solutions and applications.
Sense’21 gathers sensing industry leaders for a two-day seminar in Vantaa, Finland to discuss innovations and future visions on sensing solutions and applications. In addition to gaining new knowledge and insights, Sense'21 seminar is a great place for face-to-face networking after a year filled with online events. Utilize the early-bird price and reserve your ticket now!
Topics for this year’s workshop:
- Medical, health and wellbeing sensors
- Optical instruments for industry
- Sensing of air quality
- Advanced microelectronics for sensing
- Remote sensing and situational awareness with space technologies
Highlights of our confirmed speakers to date include:
- Keynote speakers Erno Muuranto, GE Healthcare Finland and Markku Hirvonen, Rockley Photonics
- Tapani Ryhänen, Emberion: Visible-to-short-wave-infrared image sensors and cameras
- Tero Vauraste, Iceye: Real-time monitoring enabled by SAR satellite constellation
- Joni Norppa, Terramonitor: Utilising space data for environmental monitoring
- Jussi-Pekka Penttinen, Vexlum: Single-frequency lasers for quantum technology and spectroscopy
- Jussi Rautiainen, Senop: Hyperspectral imaging applications
- Juha Hassel, IQM: Superconducting quantum computer technology at IQM
- Roman Bednarik, SeeTrue Technologies: Robust specialized eye-tracking solutions
- Jaakko Yli-Ojanperä, Vaisala: Air quality sensing solutions with special focus on Particulate Matter
- Jani Kaartinen, Metso Outotec: Latest advances in measurement and control technology in mining industry
- Janne Paaso, VTT: Autonomous instruments as a part of holistic process line optimization
Other companies presenting: StressTech, Sapotech, Gasera, Pegasor, Reaktor, Magister, Nukute and Finnish Meteorological Institute.
Besides top guest speakers, Sense´21 features VTT demonstrators showcasing a wide varitety of new sensor use cases. The start-up session presents the latest VTT spin-offs and start-up companies related to sensing technologies, as well as a panel discussion with start-up entrepreneurs and investors on the growth journey to success.
Time: 5 - 6 October 2021
Please choose the correct alternative from below. All fees include admission to seminar, refreshments on breaks, lunches, seminar materials and evening networking banquet.
- Early bird rate 270 € + VAT 24% is valid until 3rd August
- Registration fee after 3rd August is 350 € + VAT 24%
Invited speaker: free of charge
Demonstrator: free of charge (Note: you will receive a separate registration link)
Administration fee 70 € + VAT 24% will be charged of cancellations until 3rd of September. After the 3rd of September, no refund will be made from the fees.
Payment is done by credit card or with an invoice. No cash is accepted.
Each participant will receive a name badge which should be worn at all times during the seminar. Attendees without a name badge will not be permitted entry.
To make your visit in Vantaa more enjoyable, we have reserved a limited hotel accommodation quota for you, conveniently at the event venue at Clarion Hotel Aviapolis. Reservations from this allocation are to be made latest on Monday, 20 September 2021.
- Single room: 110 € / room / day
- Double room: 130 € / room / day
The prices include breakfast, taxes, Wi-Fi and free use of sauna and gym.
HOW TO RESERVE A ROOM FROM THE ALLOCATION?
When making a reservation from this allocation, kindly contact the hotel via email at email@example.com or via tel. +358 10 850 3810. The sales office is open from Monday to Friday at 09.00 - 16.00.
Please mention the allocation name "VTT" when making the reservation. Other details required for making a reservation are:
- Full Guest Name(s)
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date
- Valid Credit Card details (card number and expiry date) for guarantee
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
Each guest reserves and pays for own accommodation and the room account is to be settled directly at the hotel prior to departure.
Cancellation Policy for Reservations made from the allocation
Each individual reservation can be cancelled free of charge latest 16.00 / 4PM local hotel time on the day of arrival. Late cancellations or no-show reservations will be charged to the credit card guaranteeing each reservation.
Welcome to join our evening network banquet at the seminar venue on the 5th of October! Share your thoughts of the day and continue networking with other seminar participants while enjoying the light buffet. The evening network banquet is included in the seminar admission fee.
Each participant will receive a name badge which should be worn at all times during the seminar. The name badge will also be your entry ticket to the evening banquet.
VTT is following official guidance regarding organizing live events. In case the COVID-19 pandemic will require maintaining safe distances, a maximum of 100 persons will be permitted to the event following the order of registrations. If the pandemic situation causes more stringent restrictions, we will postpone the event.
If the conference is cancelled due to official regulations, registration fee will be refunded. If attendee must cancel his/her trip due to regulations of country of departure, personal attendance can be cancelled until September 3, and registration fee will be refunded except the administration fee of 70 EUR.
Updated information about travelling to European Union: https://reopen.europa.eu/
Updates about Finnish government regulations: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/travel-and-the-coronavirus-pandemic