When material performance matters
VTT ProperScan® provides expert service with experimental and numerical analysis tools to ensure safe and reliable operation of components and machine systems in energy, process and aviation industries. The service is scalable from component to system level.
- Root cause analysis
- Lifetime assessment
- Risk management
- Data analysis
We give answers:
- What is the current status of the plant or a component?
- Failures due to corrosion, erosion or wear?
- What are the most critical components of the plant?
- How to react to changes in operational environment?
- How can the risks be monitored and controlled?
- How to target the actions?
- When to perform the needed repairs?
- How long can the plant be operated with present paramenters?
VTT ProperScan® offers services for uninterrupted operation
VTT ProperScan® service is based on gathered 500 person-years of combined scientific and practical experience on materials performance, manufacturing procedures and degradation in operation conditions.
Our expertise covers full range of materials performance aspects:
- Root cause analysis
- Environmental performance
- Oxidation and corrosion
- Fouling and deposit formation
- Structural performance
- Creep and creep-fatigue
- Fatigue and wear
- Long term performance
- Microstructural changes
VTT ProperScan® service provides:
Root cause analysis to solve and understand failures in operating environments.
Materials validation to test and manage corrosion and evaluate mechanical behaviour.
Lifetime estimation to determine reliable remaining life or time to next service inspection.
Risk based inspection for accurate timing and targeting of in-service inspections and maintenance.
Profiling for improved service and fleet management.
Best operating practices by data-analytics for increased efficiency and reliability.
Scalable criticality audit to support for decision making in multiple levels for reliability, maintenance and investments.
Maintenance program review for improved and cost-efficient maintenance.
Scenario tool to provide information about risks and economical effects of competing development actions.
Research facilities for lifetime assessment in short
Decision support tools e.g.:
- ReliaSoft reliability engineering, modelling and analysis software
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC) calculation tools
We offer services for:
- Operation condition monitoring, lifetime assessments and risk based inspections (RBI)
- Support for optimization of inspections and maintenance
- Impact assessment of changes in operation conditions
- Root cause analysis of failures and disturbances
- Value driven maintenance planning
Solutions for corrosion and biocorrosion control
- Efficient simulation of industrial processes
- Monitoring of biocorrosion by sophisticated electrochemical methods
- Material solutions against tribocorrosion
- Upgrading investment planning
A series of Baltica conferences concentrating on power plant maintenance and life management have been organised initiating from the 1980’s. The latest
Baltica X was organised in June 2016. The Proceedings of the Baltica X conference are available:
International Conference on Life Management and Maintenance for Power Plants.
Next BALTICA conference will take place in 2019.