- Increase the independency away from fluctuating oil prices in the globally growing PET and plastics industry, eg. bottle production
- A considerable reduction of toxic waste compared to traditional production methods
- produced from non-edible, under-utilized (waste) carbohydrates
- Furan dicarboxylic acid (FDCA) based polyethylene furanoate (PEF) polymers offer 100% bio-based alternative to petroleum based PET polymers.
- They show 40 - 70 % lower carbon footprint and better properties compared to oil-based PET polymers.
TRL 5. Technology validated in relevant environment.