VTT's services increase the competitiveness of our customers' businesses, promote the creation of new business and improve and speed up R&D.
We offer our customers access to our cross-disciplinary technological and business expertise, unique research infrastructure and comprehensive partnership networks. We create customised solutions in close co-operation with our customers.
On the following pages you can view descriptions of VTT's service categories and find out how our services could enhance your competitiveness. Contact us for your tailored solution.
Replacing fossil-based products with renewables is a global trend and ensures sustainable development of our society. Bioeconomy combines different disciplines and phenomena that have thus far been disparate e.g. business and sustainability; ecosystem services and industrial applications. It calls for development of new business models and exploitation of digitalisation. Bioeconomy will become an essential part of the future economic system and an integral part of our everyday lives.
Health and wellbeing »
The fundamental economic challenges for the industrialised countries are the aging of the population and rising cost of healthcare. To tackle these challenges and to promote the health and wellbeing of people, we need to improve their opportunities for wellbeing and create an optimal healthcare system. Wellbeing is a core area of future growth with substantial potential for large array of new business. VTT's work on wellbeing focuses on creating concrete solutions, tools and devices through advanced research.
Digital society »
Digital societies empower people and transform industries. In rapidly changing connected world information and communication technology is the nervous system of Digital societies. It is the primary instigator for 80% of innovations and 40% of current productivity improvement. VTT is at the heart of digital research and aims at creating new business ecosystems by providing efficient, inclusive and trustworthy solutions for industrial competitiveness and societal grand challenges.
Low carbon energy »
The energy sector is facing a paradigm shift away from fossil fuels. Sector players are challenged to come up with new solutions that will increase the profitability of the entire value chain. We all know that innovation is key to solving these problems. And the key drivers of innovation are talent and collaboration. With VTT, you are tapping into energy sector research and development that is both deep and broad.
Smart industry »
Technology industries are undergoing huge structural changes. Digitalisation is rapidly transforming the world and creating new business opportunities. To secure our export base, we must be a part of this evolution and renew our industrial sector. Technological innovations enable this and ensure our competitiveness now and in the future.
Sustainable and smart city »
The global challenge of energy systems and cities is to reduce the environmental impact and carbon footprint and at the same time to ensure business continuity and attractiveness of cities. Our energy system is in transition, which requires continuous adaptation but also offers fully new possibilities. It's time to re-think the way we live and work. By harnessing the benefits of digitalisation, we can improve our quality of life and increase resource and energy efficiency.
Business development »
To create new success stories we need co-operation between different industries. This means cross-border business models and ecosystems. Planning for the future requires vision, knowledge, commitment and the capacity to turn vision into effective action.
Pilot plants and R&D infra »
State-of-the-art pilot plants and research infrastructure are key assets in speeding up commercialisation. The piloting opportunities and skilled experts at VTT bridge the gap between laboratory-scale development and the commercial production of new breakthrough technologies. VTT’s R&D infrastructure includes a unique selection of pilot plants serving the major steps of the development chain.
R&D of products means three things: product development, technology development and innovation with partners. We co-operate with VTT on all of these fields.
Elias Boletis, Director R&D Propulsion, Wärtsilä
Explore the benefits of our service offering:
- TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS FORESIGHT – Identify and manage future trends and challenges. Allocate development resources wisely and minimise technology risks. Create a firm basis for strategy.
- STRATEGIC RESEARCH – Lay the foundations for new products, services and business. Confirm the suitability of technologies for new product and manufacturing solutions. Minimise economic risk by experimenting in a safe environment.
- PRODUCT AND SERVICE DEVELOPMENT – Make new solutions concrete. Acquire information for decision-making. Solve complicated technical problems. Utilise creative cross-disciplinary possibilities.
- IPR AND LICENSING – Complete your technology portfolio with off-the-shelf IP. Acquire competitive edge from new commercial applications of unique protected technologies.
- ASSESSMENT, TESTING, INSPECTION, CERTIFICATION – Ensure the applicability of production, products and services for markets, users and authorities.
- TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT – Measure the efficiency of R&D operations. Accelerate your innovation process. Choose the right timing and focus for development investments.