Project: Energy efficient living for special groups, 2010-2014
Customer: Lahden vanhusten asuntosäätiö (housing foundation for the elderly in Lahti)
Partners: Arkkitehtityö Oy, Rakennuttajapalvelu Henttonen Oy, Lahden kaupunki (City of Lahti), Rakli
- Life long living: How the elderly can live in the same address in spite of changes in their condition?
- Special groups: How one serviced house can serve both the elderly and mentally handicapped?
- Energy efficiency: How the house is made energy efficient without compromising living comfort?
- Services move instead of people. User-oriented space arrangements are made with 3D virtual modelling.
- Same house includes four types of living: rental houses, serviced living, elderly living and serviced living for mentally handicapped.
- Utilization of VTT's long experience on energy efficient building and indoor air quality.
The foundation can offer people a house which meet their demands now and in the future. The building also meets future's environmental requirements.